Request for comments – I would be interested in knowing your thoughts and opinions on the topic of “Digital Forensics within Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Environments.
For my sins I have chosen this as the subject for my dissertation and although I could happily write thousands upon thousands of words (Plenty of practice writing forensic reports…) of my own opinion and citing quotes from the many articles, journals and papers I am reading I would like to offer some enrichment to the reader (My poor lecturer) and provide some knowledgeable and experienced primary and secondary sources from those who have gone beyond the text book.
So, I would be very grateful if you do have any thoughts (ideally experience) on this subject to get in touch. I will of course cite all contributions to the individual(s) and/or organisations (Opportunity for free publicity) however, likewise should you or your organisations wish to remain anonymous, this too can be arranged.
I’d be happy to arrange a face to face interview or (What is likely to be easier for everyone) for you to contact me via email at email@example.com and we can hopefully engage in conversation on the subject.
Current trains of thought on the subject include -
- Is IaaS forensics more Incident Response and readiness than actual methodology at the moment?
- How are Cloud Service Customers prepared for forensics within the cloud?
- Are appropriate SLA’s and Contracts in place between service providers and customers?
- Are Cloud Service Providers in any position to offer or even comply with digital forensic investigations?
- What do you think of Cloud Service Providers having Cloud Service Providers and cross jurisdiction investigations?
- Where do you think ‘Cloud Forensics’ will go in X amount of time?
- Are the industry suppliers of forensic acquisition and investigatory tools ready for investigations in ‘Cloud’ environments?
- Is legislation in the UK up to scratch to aide law enforcement in carrying out such investigations and agreements in place with other countries to assist in working together?
I could go on….
A survey is now available in relation to this research project, I know many of us have a dislike for such things, however it is a requirement of the project. I would be very grateful if you could spare a moment to complete it. You contribution will be extremely valuable to the project - Click here to complete the survey.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.